Monday, February 9, 2009

Close Shave!

Well, we did it! The Pointers, the Stevens Point Community, our coaching staff, and all of our supporters rallied together to raise over $2500. I am so proud of everyone and all that they did to contribute to this cause. Just like promised, I allowed my team and the other coaches to first cut my hair and then shave it off at half court in Berg Gym following our win over Superior. The best thing about the new haircut is it takes me all of 10 minutes to get ready and the boys still love me very much and know who their mommy is (that was my number one concern). I know most of you are waiting for pictures, so here are some before, during and afters! Enjoy!!!

The Family Pre-ShaveMommy and Her BoysLet's get started...a gradual progressionMy awesome team!
Mommy & Her Boys...I think their's is longer and they're definitely cuter!

8 comments:

SaraBelle said...

Megan -- you are forever my hero! You look fabulous!! (and I can't get over how big the boys are getting!!). :)

Linda said...

Go you!!! You look great with the buzz!

Kellyjean said...

Megan--
Don't let the comment from Sue upset you. You did more than alot of people would ever do. Instead of worrying about how short your hair is, Sue and others, should be proud of the money that was raised for a good cause. What matters is that the money raised is going to a great place to people in need, not how short or long your hair is. That was more of an added bonus for fans and for a goal, but the real goal was to raise money not what you were going to look like. The supporters who donated money should be happy that their money is going to a great cause, not how flipping short or long your hair is. I'm sure that the "real" breast cancer survivors and donaters will be proud of you for raising the money, not for how much hair was taken off. I'm very proud of you and I think that in the end you did an amazing job of raising money for the cause. I've had aunts,a grandma, and friends die and battle breast cancer and I'm proud to say that you're my friend and the money I donated is going to a great place.

Ron and Aimee said...

You rock, Megan!!!! You are an inspiration, awesome mom and coach! I can't believe you did it!

Sara said...

My hair, er HAT!, goes off to you Megan. I think you still look super cute and now you get to try out some different wig styles. Fun!!

BuckeyeBundle said...

Megan--WAY TO GO! I love the way you inspired not only your team, but others across the nation to get behind such a great cause! And you totally have the pretty face to pull off such a short cut! :) and seriously, those boys of yours are A-DOR-A-BULL!!! LOL! :)

Flamingo1107 said...

You look beautiful! and your reason for your beauty is priceless! You have a huge heart and a true role model for you boys and others around you!

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

You are my hero! THat is so awesome. You're such a pretty girls you totally pull it off. That is saying a lot b/c not many can. You and Demi Moore! And if that isn't GREAT company I don't know what is. Awesome cause!