Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Let the Judging Begin!

Well, it looks as though I am going to slowly start to wean off of pumping. It may take me over a month to do so because I don't want it to be a painful process but I think this might be best for our family. This is the hardest decision I've ever made as a mom and to be honest I still may change my mind. I just feel like I don't get to spend good quality time with the kids because I am pumping 4+ hours a day. I don't know why, but I really worry about what other people will think. I know that there are MOMs (mothers of multiples) out there that have been successful much longer than me and I wonder why I can't do better. I know that its a difficult task with one child, let alone two but I really expected more from myself. I'm thankful that I have a month's supply of breast milk in the freezer so they'll make it through three months without formula. I'm sure I will be judged, but I am doing the best I can as a mother of twin babies and that's all my children and husband can ask for. Thanks for letting me vent.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Anyone that judges you is a jerk...period. You don't need those type of people in your life. We all think you are doing a great job!! You are a great Mommy!
~blueladybug

Souza Sisters said...

I am with Sara... Anyone who judges is a jerk!! You did your best and that's all you can do!! And you did it for 2 months!! With twins!! That's really awesome!!

Debbie (Disney102399)

brad and nichole junck said...

Megan I will tell you that one of the hardest things about being a new parent is worrying that people are judging you. I can tell you that when I saw you and Josh with the boys my only impression was what naturals you are as parents!!! The love you have for those two is so apparent.

You just had two babies. One baby rocks peoples world and you had two. Anyone that judges you doesn't know you and really aren't worth listening to. You're a great mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
**HUGS**
Nicki

P.S. I'm working on a little something for you so keep an eye on the mailbox in the next couple of weeks;)