Wednesday, June 4, 2008

2 Month Appointment

So its been a while since I've posted, but I need to update you with all the info from the boys' 2-month appointment on Thursday, May 22nd. It went really well. They were both 21 inches long and Aidan weighed 8 pounds, 12 ounces and Brody was 9 pounds, 6 ounces. We also found out that little Aidan was still jaundice, which was a bit concerning since he has been since birth. The doctor told us a little about breast milk jaundice which only affects 1-2% of all babies. My body produces a substance that is released into my milk forcing Aidan's intestines to absorb more bilirubin than he is supposed to. We took him off breast milk, which mean Brody is going to enjoy the rest of my stash.

We took Aidan back a week later on Friday, May 29th and he weighed 9 pounds, 3 ounces and his bilirubin levels were excellent. Looks like my boys are growing fast!

1 comment:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

happy belated 2 months! it sounds like they are doing fantastic!