Thursday, August 21, 2008

More Cuteness...If You Can Handle It!

Well, I promised another update today, so here I am although I should really be trying to hit the hay. I am so tired today. I feel like I got hit by a truck. I can't imagine what it's going to be like next week going back to work full time and getting up in the middle of the night. Oh what fun!!! I know this is going to be shocking, but most of this post will be pictures and my attempt to get good at our "photo shoots"!

The closest I've come in a LONG time to get Brody to smile! (BTW, do you see those ears? Can you say Brody-Michael-Phelps-Wilson??)
Brody likes to slap his knee with his hand right now. Must be some funny stuff running throught that head of his.A close up!This is my final attempt at getting some good pictures of the boys. We went outside and I think they turned out pretty well. I didn't have to deal with the flash at all, so I was able to take the pictures quicker. Not bad for an amateur, but Brian and Shannon I could still use some help!


These are more just candid shots of what they're doing now at five months. Aidan LOVES holding his little blankie tightly when he naps.
Brody always looks like he's concentrating so hard!
They're definitely starting to do more exploring of toys and objects. Brody's giving the bouncer a workout here...both the monkey and the parrot are getting knocked around a bit. This is one of the best baby items by the way. They love this bouncer!!! I wish I would've bought two of them because the other bouncer isn't nearly as entertaining for them.
This is an attempt to capture my best mommy moment yet. On Wednesday the boys went to daycare because I had a big recruit come for a campus visit. I picked the boys up around 2:30 PM and took them home. Brody was SOOOO fussy he was screaming in the car. By the time we got home he was sleeping. Josh was still home for lunch so he helped get Aidan out of his carseat while I took Brody out and laid him down for a nap on the bed in the guest bedroom. As I was doing this, Aidan started to fuss while Josh held him and when I walked out of the room he reached for me. It made my heart melt. It might have been a fluke, but he did it a few more times that day. I think he missed me...maybe I'm not such a bad mom after all. Every once in a while (maybe more often than not with twins) you need some sort of reassurance that you're doing a good or at least okay job.
Not only is Aidan reaching for me, but he loves to grab his toes now! So cute!

10 comments:

nbjenni said...

Try this website: http://www.picnik.com./

You can upload pics and change them into really cool things. So even if your flash doesn't work, you can still have awesome looking pictures!!!

Amber said...

Love the photos!! BTW we have the same baseball onsies...so cute!!!!

Heather said...

Too cute! By the way, I have been meaning to comment for a while and say I absolutely love your haircut.

Heather

AJU5's Mom said...

Your boys are really cute.

Amber said...

FYI I tagged you on my blog, feel free to fill out the info or not :)

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

oh my gosh, they are so so so adorable!

Souza Sisters said...

OMG your boys are adorable!! Love the blanky picture! So sweet:)

Jenny said...

You are doing great!!

And the photos are precious. Just as good as any!

SaraBelle said...

So darn cute!! I love their outfits!! :-)

Doubly Blessed said...

We have this chair too and my ds especially LOVES it! I wish I had two!